Jobs & Karriere
Gestalten Sie einen der führenden Biotechnologieparks Deutschlands mit.
Scientist, Analytictial Chemistry
04.01.2022 / Silence Therapeutics is a rapidly growing clinical stage biotech company exploiting the power of mRNA technology to develop new medicines in areas of high unmet need. In the past 12 months, the company has doubled in size, signed a multibillion-dollar platform deal with AstraZeneca, opened a New York office, listed on NASDAQ and gained designation as ‘Best Place to Work’ in the UK and Germany. Our 2 clinical stage compounds currently in development are based on GalNAc targeted siRNA, and we are expanding our capabilities through the use of extra-hepatic targeting ligands and a growing in silico modeling suit built upon our rich history of biological experiments. Due to the growing number of projects and our continuous advance in clinical development, there is a need to broaden our expertise in analytics for starting materials and drug substance.
Silence Therapeutics is expanding its Chemistry Manufacturing and Control team (CMC) due to the growing number of projects and our continuous advance in clinical development. Therefore, there is a need to broaden our expertise in analytics for starting materials and drug substance.
As scientist in analytical chemistry, you will be joining a newly created laboratory which is tasked with the characterization of raw materials and siRNA. For that purpose, you will oversee the development analytical methods and use them for the study of impurities. Additionally, you will be in charge of the design and performance of stability studies for the identification of degradation pathways.
In collaboration with the rest of the team and our colleagues in molecular design, you will ensure that all our requirements are met; delivering appropriate information on impurities and creating a database on the stability of our molecules and starting materials.
- To develop and validate methods for the characterization of drug substances and raw materials
- To design and perform forced degradation and stability studies
- To identify process related impurities
- To write scientific protocols, reports and contribute to scientific publications and patent applications
- To participate in discussion and communicate results in multidisciplinary teams
- To oversight the daily laboratory routine and troubleshoot and maintain analytical procedures and instrumentation
The Scientist in Analytical Chemistry will be able to demonstrate the following competencies and behaviours:
- PhD in Chemistry or Biochemistry with experience in chromatographic and spectrometric methods for the characterization of oligonucleotides
- Broad experience of analytical method development (HPLC MS and UV)
- Experience in the development of stability studies
- Hands on experience with QTOF MS for the sequencing of biomolecules would be a plus
- Post-doctoral or industry experience in a relevant field would be a plus
- Holds a passion for collaborative working and building relationships
- Has a desire to broaden their experience and add value to our growing organisation
- Clear affiliation with our vision and values, and a true ambassador of our organisation
- Proactive self-starter with a hunger to apply their knowledge to a high growth SME
- Fluent German would be advantageous but not essential
Our mission is to continue to build Silence as a global leader in RNAi therapeutics, where our technology can create a new generation of approaches to address unmet medical needs and improve the outcomes for patients. Making a difference to people’s lives is at the heart of what we do, and this is no different when it comes to our employees.
We offer a vibrant culture and environment where employees are encouraged to bring their innovation and creativity. Small, dynamic, with slick decision making and unencumbered by bureaucracy, we recognise contributions wherever they are made within the team.
Our values - working collaboratively to create value, holding ourselves accountable for delivering results, and seeking out opportunities to develop ourselves, run through everything we do. We should also mention that we have a lot of fun on the way, fully embracing the diverse mix of talented professionals we employ.
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ workplace in both Germany and the UK. This recognition demonstrates our commitment to creating a rewarding environment for our exceptional staff to thrive. We invest heavily in our staff and offer a vibrant culture where innovation and creativity are encouraged.Scientist, Analytictial Chemistry