Jobs & Karriere
Gestalten Sie einen der führenden Biotechnologieparks Deutschlands mit.
Development Project Manager
At Silence Therapeutics Plc we specialise in gene silencing that cures diseases and fundamentally changes lives.
We are developing a new generation of medicines by harnessing the body’s natural mechanism of RNA interference (RNAi) within its cells. Our proprietary technology can selectively inhibit any gene in the genome, specifically silencing the production of disease-causing proteins. Research in RNAi has been progressing over the past 20 years, achieving Nobel Prize recognition in 2006, and can now be seen to be transitioning from the experimental realm into the clinical.
Silence Therapeutics is entering an exciting stage of growth, both in the UK and internationally in the US. It is not often as a Project Manager that you get an opportunity to be part of an emerging field like this that will make an impact on medicine forever.
We are looking for a full time Project Manager to support a growing portfolio.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and organising cross-functional teams to build the infrastructure for each project (in collaboration with functional managers) and support the teams to successfully deliver according to plan, on time and within budget.
In collaboration with the Project Director and project team members, and working to an agreed project management process you will ensure that projects are resourced appropriately and work is conducted in support of the agreed strategy; deliver active communication within and between functions and ensure critical path items and areas of slippage are highlighted appropriately to senior management.
- Provide project planning expertise to assigned projects and programs from Lead Candidate Selection through First In Human and Clinical Development to ensure alignment of program strategy with operational delivery
- Oversee day to day management of projects
- Create and manage project plan, maintain timelines, identification of critical path
- Budget and resource planning and tracking
- Identify opportunities to accelerate activities or to increase efficiencies
- Proactive identification of opportunities and potential risks and mitigations and monitoring of progress
- Support the Project Leaders and work-stream leaders in the day to day management of assigned projects, providing status updates and escalating issues and risks
- Coordinate all functions to ensure the appropriate level of communication and identification of project inter-dependencies to achieve key development, non-clinical, clinical, regulatory and commercial milestones
- Serve as a core member and drive efficient operation of the Project Team including organization of meetings, agendas, preparation of minutes and maintenance of project management documentation such as decision, issue and actions logs
- Ensure that team deliverables and key performance indicators are realistically set and tracked according to governance endorsement and that the project effectively fulfils all business reporting requirements.
- Produce and distribute status, resourcing, and tracking reports
- Assist with effective meeting management both internally and with 3rd parties; organization of project team meetings and preparation of minutes
- Contribute to preparation of reports and presentations to support project team meetings and governance reviews
- Conduct lessons learned reviews of projects to identify best practice and key areas for improvement
The Project Manager will be able to demonstrate the following competencies and behaviours:
- Scientific background and educated to degree level at least, preferably post-graduate
- Project Management qualification or accreditation not essential
- Experience of working in cross-functional project teams on a gene therapy, biopharmaceutical or vaccines project and understanding of the technology and technical challenges
- Knowledge of multi-disciplinary biopharmaceutical drug development from pre-clinical development through to market
- Good attention to detail with ability to keep sight of the overarching project objectives
- Strong skills with MS Project and in building detailed project plans, defining dependencies and critical path, report generation
- Management and tracking of budgets and resource utilisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and facilitation skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary virtual team environment
- Ability to travel to work partners in Europe as the role requires
- Fluent English is essential, German is an advantage.
Our mission is to continue to build Silence as a global leader in RNAi therapeutics, where our technology can create a new generation of approaches to address unmet medical needs and improve the outcomes for patients. Making a difference to people’s lives is at the heart of what we do, and this is no different when it comes to our employees.
We offer a vibrant culture and environment where employees are encouraged to bring their innovation and creativity. Small, dynamic, with slick decision making and unencumbered by bureaucracy, we recognise contributions wherever they are made within the team.
Our values - working collaboratively to create value, holding ourselves accountable for delivering results, and seeking out opportunities to develop ourselves, run through everything we do. We should also mention that we have a lot of fun on the way, fully embracing the diverse mix of talented professionals we employ.