Jobs & Karriere
Gestalten Sie einen der führenden Biotechnologieparks Deutschlands mit.
Research Associate Analytical Chemistry CMC
Silence Therapeutics is expanding its Chemistry Manufacturing and Control team (CMC) due to the growing number of projects and our continuous advance in clinical development. Therefore, there is a need to broaden our expertise in analytics for starting materials and drug substance.
As Research Associate in Analytical Chemistry, you will be joining a newly created laboratory working full time. You will conduct experiments, prepare samples, and operate instrumentation according to standard procedures.
In specific, you will assist in the development and validation of LC-MS and LC-UV methods for our molecules. With such methods, you will help in the characterization of our raw materials and siRNA. Additionally, you will assist by planning and performing stability studies for our molecules. Your will be responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of the instrumentation, sample preparation, measurements, and data reporting.
In collaboration with the rest of the CMC team, you will ensure that the laboratory runs in a timely manner, and that the instrumentation is properly handled.
- Plan, conduct, and document experiments outlined by a scientist.
- Maintain analytical instruments and take care of the general laboratory organization.
- Become the contact person for our laboratory partners and suppliers.
- Organize and store all chemical substances, whether solids, liquids, or compressed gases according to safety instructions.
- Record all data and results in specified forms with accuracy and integrity
- Collaborate in the shared responsibilities of the CMC laboratories.
The Research Associate in Analytical Chemistry will be able to demonstrate the following competencies and behaviours:
- Proven expertise as laboratory technician or relevant position.
- Experienced in the use of HPLCs, preferably with MS detection.
- Trained in MS-Office data analysis and documentation.
- Holds a passion for collaborative working and building relationships
- Has a desire to broaden their experience and add value to our growing organisation
- Clear affiliation with our vision and values, and a true ambassador of our organisation
- Proactive self-starter with a hunger to apply their knowledge to a high growth SME
- Fluent German would be advantageous but not essential.
- Highly skilled in English would be very advantageous
Our mission is to continue to build Silence as a global leader in RNAi therapeutics, where our technology can create a new generation of approaches to address unmet medical needs and improve the outcomes for patients. Making a difference to people’s lives is at the heart of what we do, and this is no different when it comes to our employees.
We offer a vibrant culture and environment where employees are encouraged to bring their innovation and creativity. Small, dynamic, with slick decision making and unencumbered by bureaucracy, we recognise contributions wherever they are made within the team.
Our values - working collaboratively to create value, holding ourselves accountable for delivering results, and seeking out opportunities to develop ourselves, run through everything we do. We should also mention that we have a lot of fun on the way, fully embracing the diverse mix of talented professionals we employ.
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ workplace in both Germany and the UK. This recognition demonstrates our commitment to creating a rewarding environment for our exceptional staff to thrive. We invest heavily in our staff and offer a vibrant culture where innovation and creativity are encouraged.Research Associate Analytical Chemistry CMC